- I dwell on this scripture daily. His strength brings me from one moment to the next, especially when I'm physically weak.
*Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "For I know I have the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a future." (NIV)
- This comes to mind when I'm losing my focus. When I feel weak and unable to accomplish my goals. I gain strength from knowing that God has a purpose for me and it will be accomplished in His time...not my own.
*Psalm 51:10 ~ Create in a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (NIV)
- I think on this scripture when I am having trouble having a willing heart. It keeps me focused and brings to the forefront of my mind that there is no room for bitterness.
* Matthew 11:28 ~ "Come to me all who are weary burdened, and I will give you rest." (NIV)
- This scripture encourages me to reach out to the Lord when I am emotionally drained. It reminds me that the Lord can rejuvinate me for another day if I bare myself naked revealing the depths of my heart to Him.
* 1 Corithians 10:13 ~ No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (NIV)
- I think on this scripture when I am tempted to find comfort and strength in the wrong things. This was particularly helpful during my darkest hour in knowing that there was a way out other than death
* 2 Corithians 12:9 ~ But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
- This scripture reminds that I may suffer for no other reason than to glorify the Lord. And that's okay with me. So I take hope in knowing he is there to hold me up when I can not walk on my own.